Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reflections

Hi all again! It's been a great day. I hope everyone is doing well! I had my voice therapy today and my regular therapy. I saw a movie last night I'm super excited to share with you!!!! The giver is an amazing movie, and you should definitely all go see it when you get the chance!! It's so eye opening. I read the book in 8th grade, and discussed it through blogs with college students. College is coming up too! I'm so excited for that! ooh sorry off topic. Anyway, the book is a post-apocolyptic kind of book, trying to achieve utopia. The main character Jonas, has just graduated and is assigned his job for life. He will be the receiver of memories. He gets to receive all the memories of the past, happy and sad. The crazy part about it is the lives they are living currently in their communities. There are no colors, no holidays, no books, no music (ahhh!!), and worst of all, no emotions. I mean if you think about it, what kind of life is that even? Is a life with no emotion even a life at all? Sure theres no pain, but theres also controlling populations by killing smaller babies and the eldest members of every community. It's so crazy. And not to mention, WRONG!! I can't believe the inhumanity of it all. But Jonas finally realizes that there is so much more to life than the communities. He finally feels love, and sees colors such as red and greens. So I won't spoil any endings, but it is a great great great movie, and book. I strongly encourage all of you to read and see it! I know I could not live a life that way. No books, no music, no EMOTION! I believe the only life worth living of course is for Christ and Christ alone. but hey thats just me, I don't believe in forcing religion upon others at all. People can try, and I would love for everyone to be exposed to this great life. However, I know that is not a life for everyone. Anyway, I get to babysit tonight! I'm so pumped for that too! I mean really, I haven't been able to babysit in so long. His name is Wyatt, and he's not even one years old yet, but he's so cute!! He talks to me too! Mostly babbling but he is so darn cute and I just want kids so much. Too bad I need a husband and a degree first. hahaaa:) Also, I'm thinking about applying for disney college program. I wish I could do it! I just don't know if my parents would approve you know? But it's my dream. I have always wanted to work at disney. And it's for only 4-6 months to get paid. I think it would be a great experience. I just hope I get the chance someday. Well that's about it now. 

Much Love, 
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment